Monday, August 24, 2009

Sorry!

Bad things happen when I get busy. Like I forget to do laundry, clean, brush the animals, and write. I've managed to catch up on the other three, so here I am. I really have been busy, I promise. Friends have been leaving town and I wanted to catch up with them. I'm still working. And my sister's graduation party was this weekend. It was, in case you're wondering, quite a success. With the help of a couple of friends, I put together fruit and veggie platters, a pot of meatballs, bacon-wrapped parmesan cracker things and bacon cream cheese jalapeños (recipes courtesy thepioneerwoman.com), sandwiches, chex mix, and an amazing sour cream chocolate cake with cream cheese peanut butter frosting and chocolate peanut butter glaze (recipe from smittenkitchen.com). I failed to take pictures because people started eating before I had time to even think about reaching for a camera, and that cake... well... it was gone in about ten minutes.

So we've recovered from that, but things are still a bit crazy around here as we get ready to move my sister into her first year of college. I don't know how she feels, but I'm nervous, stressed, and incredibly excited. I know she's going to have a fantastic time and hopefully make a lot of friends.

And as a side note, since I'm still on my downtown Glens Falls kick, The Chocolate Mill just opened. I was there the day after their official opening and they didn't have their full menu up yet, just pastries, but oh my goodness. My father and I snagged some ham and cheese scones (the most moist, flavorful, wonderful scones I've ever had) and some sort of little apple pastry which was delightfully flaky and I'm pretty sure involved some sort of alcohol. And the carrot cake and cheesecakes they had on display were potentially the most beautiful examples of these pastries I've seen in I don't even know how long. Again, no pictures, since it was a quick breakfast before my father headed back to Massachusetts, but I will direct you to their website and suggest that if you're in the area you consider stopping by.

http://www.chocolatemillcafe.com/

And now off to walk and brush the dogs before they scratch my legs off...

No comments: